Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Lights

OK - I've neglected the Adventure posts for too long, so here is a post that will be useful to all adventure racers. I have been struggling with the best way to mount bike lights - actually I like to use high intensity flashlights to save the cost of all those expensive bike lights.

Well- inspiration struck. I think the pictures will explain it all, but I used two conduit clamps (per light) - a 1/4 stove bolt and a washer to hold the conduit clamps together. Total cost for 2 mounts $4. You can get all the parts at Home Depot. And it works better than any clamping system I've ever tried.

See for yourself - or check them out when I am at the Pangea AR Turkey Burn on November 28.  Front VIew and Rear View of the light mounting is included.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I dig your rig. With so much of AR and general outdoorsy gear being high ticket items, it's refreshing to see someone implement a low-cost, yet practical solution as an alternative.

Ron Eaglin, Adventurer said...

I've got another little low cost thing I'll be posting soon.