Monday, December 03, 2007

Primal Quest Bound

I figured this is as good as a place as any to announce something this big. I am joining Team Blue on their epic adventure that is Primal Quest ( http://www.ecoprimalquest.com/wp-primal/ ) . Of course this is more than just entering a race. On any given day I can simply show up and complete an iron distance triathlon event (they actually seem kind of short - like a long training day) - though I am still amazed at how much they cost ($400-$500). This is different, this requires starting in ironman shape and honing to a level well beyond this. It also requires certified skills in ropes, climbing, first aid, navigation, swimming, whitewater, and paddling. Of course to that end you have to do the certifications (I will be going with my team to Camp XStream http://www.gravityplay.com/campxstream/index.html for the certs).

The commitments are more than just physical, the cost ($12,500 per team) is also pretty intense. To that end I will probably be hosting seminars on everything from navigation to paddling - all for the SDR2PQ - "Send Dr. Ron to Primal Quest" fund. Watch this space - I will be testing myself to some higher limits to ensure I am ready for this goal. I've already started upping distances, laying out a more severe training schedule - doing what needs to be done.

I join 2 other Floridians (Blaine Reeves and Don Nettlow) who will be racing for my normal team (Team Travelcountry.com) in this PQ preparation effort. I have 200 days, I will be ready...

No comments: