Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pangea Treasure Coast Adventure Race

This is really a tale of three teams; Good'Nuff, Primal Instinct, and Florida Xtreme 2. I like to recap the times for each of the legs when I analyze the course. This time I had my Forerunner in my pack tracking the route - which is really cool and then I produced this animation of the route our team took. If you want to relive some of the course through our eyes - or see how we approached the course, this shows our exact course.


Initial Trek
14:00 Good'Nuff
16:00 Florida Xtreme 2
16:00 Primal Instinct

Paddle
1:20 Good'Nuff
1:23 Florida Xtreme 2
1:23 Primal Instinct
the next fastest time here was 1:31

On the next 2 legs, we biked first and then trekked. Primal and Good'Nuff trekked first and then biked.

Bike
(fastest was 1:58 Club Scrub) 
2:05 Primal Instinct
2:07 Florida Xtreme 2
2:16 Good'Nuff

Run
(these were the 3 fastest times)
0:58 Good'Nuff
1:04 Primal Instinct
1:04 Florida Xtreme 2 (I was really hurting at this point, Wanda even towed me for a while and Erik carried my pack the last half of the run)

As you can see the times for each of the legs were very close. Since the top three places were decided by a spread of less than 2 minutes - any mistake or slowing down was enough to bump you way back.

Here is a little bonus - for those who have not paddle on the Loxahatchee River, here is us leaving CP12 and heading back to the main channel.


I really like races like this that are close. The friendly competition among the teams makes these races a lot of fun. The weather, especially at the finish with all the teams eating and sitting around made for a fantastic atmosphere.

Misty and Sara (Good'Nuff) will be moving into triathlon season again so we probably won't see them at the next few races, and we'll miss them. It was great to See Kyle Tallent joining forces with Primal Instinct, he is a great veteran of the early races. I also see a lot of teams are moving up from Sport to Elite in the upcoming races - that is also a great thing.

Another wonderful race for Pangea - I'll see everyone out at BOAR even though I will likely not be recovered enough from Patagonia http://www.patagonianexpeditionrace.com/ to actually race (it usually take 3-4 weeks to recover from an expedition race).

No comments: