Saturday, December 10, 2011

Florida Orienteering 12-10-2011 Wekiva


It was a great day for orienteering today at Kelly Park. I had the GPS tracker in my backpack - so below is my track in Google maps, I added the control locations. Some of the controls were really challenging. Pretty much all the adventure racers got into the palmettos that were east of CP3 and CP4 wasting a lot of time bashing through tough stuff. I ended up bailing to the trail on CP3 and CP4 and re-attacking each of those (as did many others). CP5 was a bit challenging - but CP6 really gave everyone a hard time. I attacked CP7 from the road intersection and hit it dead-on. CP8 which looked easy was placed about east of the mapped location, and gave me a real hard time - it also was not located on the thicket. We found it with a small group of racers. From CP8 - it was pretty straighforward the rest of the way in.


View Florida Orienteering - 12-10-2011 in a larger map

Here is a little video collage of the event


No comments: